The adventure continues!
Bye Bye Lines Serum
from IT Cosmetics
I love skincare, and I’m game to try just about any serum at least once. This ones smells very citrusy and felt really rich on my skin.
- Peptides, Caviar Extract, Sea Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, and algae–anti-aging properties that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving tone, texture, firmness, suppleness, and elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid, Argan Oil, and Babassu Oil–moisturize and protect skin
- Vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B5, B7, B9 and CoQ10–nourish skin
- Licorice Root–brightens skin
Eros Eau de Toilette for Men
I tried this out on my husband, and it smells sooooooo good! Definitely keeping this in mind for a future gift at some point. I’m a sucker for woody scents.
Top Notes: Mint Oil, Lemon, Green Apple
Middle Notes: Tonka Bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Bottom Notes: Vanilla, Vetyver, Oak Moss, Cedarwood
Brow Power™ Universal Eyebrow Pencil
from IT Cosmetics
I’m finally getting around to trying an eyebrow pencil (I know, I’m a little late to the party). This pencil has an oval shape that helps to mimic the look of natural brows, and the color is adaptable for all brow shades–you just have to adjust the pressure you use. It has several good-for-you ingredients: biotin, lecithin, saw palmetto, nettle, green tea, antioxidants, grape seed, and vitamins A, B5, C, and E. The spoolie on the other end is really convenient, too. It also held up really well all day, even through a sweaty workout. Will I make the conversion from powder to pencil, or will I end up using a combination of powder and pencil? We’ll see…
This was a beauty steal on September 14th, so I got it for half price.
Pure Cloud Cream
from Skyn Iceland
I’ve realized that my anti-breakout tea tree oil moisturizers are drying out my skin, which just causes me to break out (kind of defeats the whole point). I was looking for something that would give my skin more of the moisture it seems to need. This cream is bouncy like marshmallow fluff without the stickiness. It’s recommended for helping skin heal after cosmetic procedures, so I would imagine it will make my skin happy on a daily basis, especially after dermaplaning. So far I’m absolutely loving this moisturizer. It feels so rich and hydrating, and it has a very fresh scent that doesn’t smell artificial.
- Sodium Hyaluronate–boosts hydration for an immediate plumping effect
- Oat Extract–natural anti-irritant
- Neuropeptide–helps relieve skin irritation and stimulate the release of endorphins
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein–helps preserve collagen
- Bisabolol–anti-irritant derived from chamomile; helps calm and soothe skin
- Aloe–moisturizes and heals skin.
- Almond oil–full of Vitamins A, B and E; hydrates
- Icelandic Complex–proprietary blend that contains pollution-free Icelandic Glacial Water, Arctic Cloudberry and Cranberry Seed Oils, and Pure Molecular Oxygen
This was a Beauty Steal on September 15th, so half price. I’m much more likely to try out a high end product when I don’t have to pay full price. Unfortunately, I’m afraid I might be falling in love with it. Whoops! 🙂
I picked up another item that wasn’t on sale.
Glycolic Acid Toner
from Mario Badescu
I’ve been wondering if my AHA/BHA Toner is contributing to drying out my skin, so I picked up this Glycolic Acid Toner to try out. It’s alcohol-free and is recommended for combination or dry skin types. The Glycolic Acid and Grapefruit Extract gently exfoliate and stimulate skin. This toner also claims to help with reducing discoloration from old acne scars (here’s hoping!), as well as build-up that causes dullness.
Did you pick up any of these products during 21 Days of Beauty? What did you think?
Hope your week is going well.
If you’d like to be notified when new posts go up, please subscribe to Balanced Life Beauty.
Instagram: sarah.elizabeth614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Twitter: @SarahLiz614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Yes, Oh Yas!: Get 3-7 full-size beauty products worth $65+ delivered to you each month for $14.99 + shipping. Use coupon code SARAH614 at checkout for 10% off your first box!