Part 3 of this travel-prepping series: skincare and makeup. I work too hard on my skin to slack off on my regimen just because I’m on vacation. We’ll be taking lots of photos, after all! When you have to worry about luggage weight, liquid limits, and just plain efficiency, how do you pack for a trip? Read on to find out my plan!
PS: any items marked with an asterisk (*) were part of my September Ulta Beauty Haul.
In My Carry-on
When I’m planning on checking a bag, I pack my beauty/personal items with the mentality that if my bag is lost when I arrive at my destination, what do I need with me to comfortably get through a night (or two) without it? I also factor in any items that I don’t want to subject to air pressure changes, as well as my pricier products that I want to make sure are handled with care.
I’m able to fit A LOT into this quart-size bag from the Container Store:
- Sample size liquid eyeliner
- Sample size eyeshadow primer
- Brow Gel
- Cream Contour
- Brush Cleaner (transferred to a travel-size bottle)
- Setting Spray
- Makeup Remover
- Cleansing Oil
- Travel size toothpaste
- Sample size face cleanser
- Toner (transferred to a travel bottle)*
- Spot treatment
- Essence (transferred to a travel bottle)
- AM Serum (transferred to a travel bottle)
- AM/PM Serum*
- PM Serum
- Eye cream–chose not to transfer this to a travel bottle or jar because I didn’t want it to oxidize and lose effectiveness
- Lip Mask
I’ll also be adding the hand cream and rollerball perfume that I keep in my purse, plus my travel size hydrating mist from Juice Beauty. I’m choosing to keep my makeup look on the more natural side, so I’m not planning on bringing any liquid lipsticks, just tinted lip balm.
This cute bag was a nifty bridesmaid gift from a wedding I was in this year. In it I’ll be packing all the non-liquid items that I don’t want to leave my side:
- A little mesh carrying case for my makeup sponges so they have a chance to dry between uses
- Body and Face Mineral Sunscreens (in stick form)*
- My small Z Palette for my eyeshadows (sticking with neutrals that I can mix and match)
- Lip scrub
- Silicone face scrubber (I’m leaving my Clearsonic at home)
- Highlighter pencil
- Brow pencil*
- Eye Brightening Powder
- Sample size translucent powder
- My dome ZPalette that has my blushes, highlighters, pressed powder foundation (if I want to use it instead), and medium-sized Z Palette Travel Jars for my CC Cream so I don’t have to bring the whole tube
The Z Palette Travel Jars will be easy to pop out of the Z Palette and into my liquids bag to go through airport security. I’ll also be packing my epilator and its charger in my non-liquids bag before I leave.
I’m certainly not bringing every brush I own, but it’s a decent collection of everyday essentials:
- Angled brow brush
- Small powder brush for setting my eyeshadow primer
- A few different eyeshadow brushes
- Harley Quinn blending brush
- Concealer brush
- Small blending brush for applying eye brightening powder
- Angled blush brush
- Buffing brush for blending
- Highlighting brush
- Foundation buffing brush for pressed powder foundation
- Large fan brush
- Stippling brush
- Large powder brush
In My Checked Bag
I reserve the folding toiletry bag for the items I’m not super worried about getting lost or damaged. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. are all items you can expect to find in most hotel rooms. Do I prefer my own? Of course, but I can’t fit my entire bathroom into a quart-sized bag. 🙂
- Travel-size hair primer*
- Travel-size hairspray
- Travel-size dry shampoo
- Hair balm (transferred to a travel bottle)
- Micellar water (transferred to a travel bottle)
- Shampoo (transferred to a travel bottle)
- Conditioner (transferred to a travel bottle)
- Body wash (transferred to a travel bottle)
I’m sure there are things I’ll remember at the last minute and toss in, but I’d say my beauty regimen is all set for a belated honeymoon in Ireland! Any recommendations for things to see and do while we’re there?
If you’d like to be notified when new posts go up, please subscribe to Balanced Life Beauty.
Instagram: sarah.elizabeth614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Twitter: @SarahLiz614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Yes, Oh Yas!: Get 3-7 full-size beauty products worth $65+ delivered to you each month for $14.99 + shipping. Use coupon code SARAH614 at checkout for 10% off your first box!