I got this mask in my January ipsy bag, and I was totally excited to try it out.
Pumpkin Turmeric 2-in-1 Radiance Polishing Mask
Turmeric is a great part of a healthy diet: it’s an excellent source of manganese, iron, fiber, potassium, Vitamin B6, magnesium, and Vitamin C. Did you know it can do wonders for your skin, too? Benefits include:
- Anti-inflammation–reduces redness and calms skin conditions like eczema and rosacea
- Antiseptic–helps to stop spread of bacteria, so it can help control acne
- Reduces dark circles–stimulates circulation
- Fights UV damage–improves appearance of fine lines and brown spots; improves elasticity loss caused by long-term sun exposure (that doesn’t mean you can skin on your sunscreen, though!)
- Treats and prevents stretch marks–improves the function of skin membrane cells
- Improves dry skin–speeds up the removal of dead skin cells and protects healthy cells from future damage
In other words, we can all afford to get a little more turmeric in our lives!
This mask is packed with great-for-you ingredients that will make your skin glow:
- Pumpkin–boosts collagen production
- Turmeric–(see list above)
- Papaya–helps reduce discolorization
- Grapefruit–brightens skin
- Ginger–evens skin tone
- Carrot–packed with Vitamin C and Beta-carotene, which your body converts to Vitamin A
- Honey–anti-bacterial and soothing properties
- Orange–more Vitamin C, plus citric acid to exfoliate
This mask had me at hello. It has a gel texture with lots of exfoliating granules (I think it’s cocoa shell powder.) I could smell the cinnamon, too, which reminded me of ExfoliKate. After washing your face, leave your skin damp, and massage a thin layer of the mask all over. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes (I did 10), then wet your fingers with warm water and massage the mask into your skin for 30 seconds before rinsing off.
My skin felt so clean, refreshed, smooth, and soft afterwards. I have a painful pimple on my upper lip right now, and I’m hoping that this mask plus my skin scrubber tonight will help me get rid of it. I would definitely recommend this mask if you’re looking for one product to address multiple skin issues.
Have you used skincare products with turmeric before? What did you think? Tell me about your favorite in the comments! Hope you have a great week.
If you’d like to be notified when new posts go up, please subscribe to Balanced Life Beauty.
Instagram: sarah.elizabeth614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Twitter: @SarahLiz614 (You can also click the icon at the top of this page.)
Yes, Oh Yas!: Get 3-7 full-size beauty products worth $65+ delivered to you each month for $14.99 + shipping. Use coupon code SARAH614 at checkout for 10% off your first box!
ipsy: Get 5 personalized products + a cute cosmetic bag delivered each month for only $10! You also get to enjoy to the ipsy app and website, which give you access to tutorials, articles, and ipsy Shopper.